The Grand Lucayan Resort puts a tropical twist on modern luxury. From the moment you take in the 372 acres of lush resort, with stunning blue waters lapping at a white-sand beach, you’ll notice that your cares will drift away and your hips will begin to sway to an island beat. What do you like to do? You’ll find it all here — opportunity to sun yourself on the beach or at one of the seven pools, to hit the sea on a boat, jet ski or parasail, to land the next big catch on a fishing trip or to take a closer look at the reef on a snorkel trip.
What can you expect?
•A location that sets the mood.
The Reef Village is located at the west end of the resort and surrounded by glistening seas and beautiful skies. Whether you’re looking for a fantastic family getaway or a romantic retreat for two, you’ll find it here.
• Spacious rooms with a view.
The well-appointed rooms offer outstanding amenities and great views. The plush furniture is exactly what you’d expect to find in a four-star resort. And each room’s simple design features Bahamian plantation shutters that open to an awe-aspiring view. Standard amenities include cable television, Internet, safe, telephone, data port, coffee maker, kitchenette, iron/ironing board and around-the-clock room service.
• Food that’s truly a feast.
With 13 restaurants, you’ll never feel as though you’re hitting the “repeat” button at mealtime. From themed restaurants to pub grub, there’s something mouth watering to satisfy every craving. Only one uncertainty remains: Which will be your favorite?
• Fun for everyone.
Hit the Sugar Mill Pool with its 60-foot-high tower and 10-person spa tub. Or, take the kids to the sand playground with its 35-foot wading pool. They’ll love it — not to mention the poolside games, crafts and competitions they can participate in around it. For an additional fee, you can drop children aged 3-12 at Camp Lucaya, just another reason why Parents Magazine named it the top beach resort for families in 2008.
• The opportunity to get yourself — or your game — in shape.
Tee up at Reef Club or the Lucayan Country club — two of the best golf courses in the Bahamas, both of which have hosted the PGA’s Bahamas National Open, the Senior PGA’s Slam and 12 other national championships. Play tennis on four unique courts — each one offers a different Grand Slam surface! And don’t miss the 25,000-square-foot spa and fitness center, Senses, which offers numerous classes throughout the week as well as tranquil spa services.
Amenities Abound at Our Lucaya
One of the best parts about Grand Lucayan is that it’s designed to offer you every comfort of home, to meet your every whim, to cater to your every need. Want to relax with your nose in a good book? You’ll find the perfect chair to do that in at one of the seven swimming pools. Fulfill your tennis fantasies on the four unique tennis courts, each one featuring a different Grand Slam surface (play on rebound ace, deco turf, natural grass and red clay, without ever leaving the resort). Want to explore Grand Bahama Island? Have at it, and you’ll have a comfortable place to call home base when the day is done.
From the thrill seeker to the foodie, you’ll find it all here, including:
• Water sports and boating. Grand Lucayan’s Water Sports Center caters to both novice and experienced sea lovers. Snorkeling and SCUBA diving equipment and lessons are available onsite. Or, for above-the-water fun, the knowledgeable staff is happy to arrange windsurfing, jet skiing, parasailing, banana boating, sailing and fishing trips — and just about any other water sports activity you desire.
• Dining. With 13 restaurants and lounges, you’ll never go hungry at Grand Lucayan. The restaurants feature worldwide cuisine. Even the most discriminating diner will delight in a fantastic journey throughout the Caribbean, and the world, in both formal and informal settings. Enjoy West Indian delicacies one night, and travel across oceans the next for a sumptuous Asian barbecue. Feeling homesick? Satisfy the urge with a classic American feast.
•Nightlife. The fun doesn’t end when the sun goes down. The Isle of Capri Casino is 35,000 square feet of grownup playground with 21 tables for baccarat, Caribbean stud poker, blackjack and roulette as well as more than 400 slots. Or, head to the Prop Club, where you’ll get your groove on in a beachfront nightclub and dining spot that’s designed to look like an industrial airplane hangar (complete with propellers, metal parts and ship hulls). Or, have a smoke at Havana Cay Cigar Bar, featuring some of the best cigars from Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
• Shopping. Visit Port Lucaya Marketplace and discover outstanding trinkets, toys and treasures at 55 unique shops. If you need to refuel, hit one of the 32 restaurants and bars you’ll find here. At night, find your beat at Count Basie Square, when locals come out to play, decked out in traditional bright costumes to lead the crowds in song and dance. Before you know it you’ll find yourself ducking under the limbo stick or swaying to calypso. Find out everything the area offers by visiting http://www.portlucayamarketplace.com.
So many choices to keep you entertained
Two championship 18-hole golf courses.
Senses Spa & Fitness Center
13 restaurants and lounges featuring worldwide cuisine.
A tennis center with four unique courts, offering surfaces of the Grand Slams: natural grass, rebound ace, red clay and deco turf.
Camp Lucayan for children — a 3,000-square-foot facility with its own swimming pool.
Seven acres of picture-perfect beaches.
Seven swimming pools.
35,000 square feet of gaming space — including 21 tables and more than 400 slot machines — at the resort’s casino.
The Village Market Promenade, with shops and restaurants.
Countless complimentary and fee-based activities, such as basketball, tennis, waterskiing, diving, jet skiing, windsurfing, banana boating, bone fishing, horseback riding, parasailing, volleyball, scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, sail boating and more.
What will you do during your stay at Grand Lucayan?